THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd complies with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act(No. 26 of 2012) relating to the protection of personal information. Our AGC Personal Information Protection Policy established here below,takes the utmost care in handling such information, to maintain trust in AGC and meet expectations of society.
I. AGC Personal Information Protection Policy
AGC recognizes the essential importance of the proper and adequate protection of personally identifiable information of individuals, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers etc., of our customers, business partners, and all other parties concerned with our business operations (hereinafter “Personal Information”). Recognizing its social responsibility, AGC hereby establishes the following basic policies (hereinafter “Policy”) to comply with laws and regulations with respect to the protection of privacy and Personal Information:
1. When AGC collects any Personal Information, AGC will specify the purpose of its use, and will collect the information through the fair and legal means.
2. AGC will use Personal Information only for the business purpose that we have indicated when collecting. If AGC wishes to use Personal Information beyond the original purpose that we have indicated, AGC shall obtain an approval from the individual to whom such Personal Information relates (hereinafter “Owner”), except as allowed by relevant laws and regulations.
3. When handling Personal Information, AGC will appoint an appropriate person who is responsible for the protection of Personal Information within AGC, and shall strive to strictly manage Personal Information to prevent its illegal access, loss, falsification or leakage.
4. Unless otherwise authorized by the Owner or allowed by relevant laws and regulations, AGC will not provide Personal Information to any third party. In addition, when providing such Personal Information to any third party as authorized or allowed above, AGC will execute an agreement with the third party or take any other measures that obligates the third party to be responsible for the management of the Personal Information to be provided, thereby preventing its leakage to any other party or other misuse.
5. AGC will promptly respond to requests to disclose, correct, add and/or delete Personal Information from the Owner, to the commercially reasonable extent.
6. AGC will comply with relevant laws and regulations with regard to the protection of Personal Information, and also constantly review its implementation of the Policy, and strive to make further improvements.
7. AGC will completely inform of this Policy to all of its directors, officers and employees (including temporary staffs) as well as other concerned parties, to ensure that each of them understands the importance of the Policy and conducts him or herself in an appropriate manner to follow the Policy.
II. Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
AGC shall use any Personal Information only for the purposes of providing or improving the products, services and relevant information of AGC and/or its affiliated companies (hereinafter “Group”), and to respond to inquiries made by the Owner of Personal Information. (If the purpose of use of Personal Information is shown by each service category, AGC uses such Personal Information in accordance with the above purpose.) If AGC wishes to use Personal Information for any other purpose than those defined above, AGC shall disclose the purpose of use when collecting such Personal Information.
III. Procedures for Requesting Disclosure, Correction, and/or Deletion of Personal Information
Following is the outline of request procedures on Personal Information that AGC has collected.
(1) Submitting requests
If you wish to request the disclosure, correction and/or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided the Personal Information.
(2) Documents to be included when submitting a request
In order to confirm that the individual submitting the request is in fact the Owner of Personal Information,we amy request for document as part of the verification procedure.
(3) AGC procedure for answering your request
After receiving your request, AGC will confirm the content of the request, and thereafter will send a response to it directly to you, the Owner. Please understand that in case AGC is unable to confirm the identity of the individual submitting the request, we may decline to answer the request. In addition, we ask for your understanding that while AGC will make efforts to respond to requests promptly, it is however possible that such response may take some time to ensure its accuracy.
IV. To Make Inquiries about Your Personal Information
For other inquiries regarding your Personal Information, please contact the service division to which you have provided your Personal Information.
Cookies: a technology that allows a website to track subsequent requests from a given computer to it.
VI. Access Logs
On the website, the Company records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that access the website. The information recorded in the Access Log contains the IP address, web browser, type of operating system, date and time of access, etc. However, this is not used in connection with Personal Information in any way. You can rest assured that there is no way for the Access Log to be linked to any of your Personal Information.
VII. Protection of Personal Information on Websites Linked to the AGC’ s Website.
In some cases, the Company’s website may include links to websites other than that of the Company or the Group. The Company takes no responsibility with regard to the protection of Personal Information or the contents on any website linked to the Company’s website other than its own website or those of Group.
If you have any questions relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or,
Write to: Data Protection Officer AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd 460 Alexandra Road #32-01 PSA Building Singapore 119963